Day 1: Nairobi-Maasai Mara
After a short safari briefing, depart for Maasai Mara and drive north ascending the Great Rift Valley for a breathtaking views and photography. The Rift Valley was formed millions of years ago. Stretching some 5,000 miles from Jordan to Mozambique, it’s the largest Rift on Earth.
Drive to Narok-town where you will stop for early hot-lunch. After lunch proceed to Maasai Mara, arrive in good time to your camp, after checking-in, freshen-up then go for an introductory evening game viewing drive.
The Maasai Mara is Kenya’s arguably the most famous reserve. It’s smooth grass carpeted hills and plains dotted with flat topped acacia trees are full of rich faunal diversity, fulfilling the expectations of any visitor searching the African landscape for the BIG 5. Located west of the Great Rift Valley, Mara is a natural extension of the Serengeti plains in the neighboring Tanzania.
The Mara River, the reserve’s backbone traverses north to south. This course is the natural barrier crossed each year by large migratory heard of wildebeest and zebra which march across the two parks in search of pasture, crossing en route, the crocodile infested Mara River. Coupled with ever watchful predatory cats in the midst, the annual migration is a risky affair and fraught with peril.
Morning and evening game drives through the Mara reserve gives you a chance of spotting a diverse array of wildlife including elephants, giraffe, black rhino, cheetah, gazelle, buffalo, hippo, various other herbivores and bird species. Drive back to the camp for dinner and overnight at the Camp.
Day 2: Maasai Mara
After breakfast, start game viewing-drive across the rich savannah grassland and rolling hills. The famous Maasai Mara is renowned for its great herds of plain game, black-manned lions, leopard and cheetah but also contains numerous elephants and virtually every type of wildlife to be found here in the Mara.
+You will Have Picnic lunches at the Hippo pools in Mara River famous for migration of wildebeest. Proceed with the game on the way back to camp or have an option of visiting the Maasai Village. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 3: Masai Mara – Lake Bogoria national park.
Depart from your hotel in Mara in the morning after breakfast, Drive for Lake Bogoria. On the way enjoy the beautiful serenity of the Great Rift Valley.
Along the way have great view of the beautiful and hills from afar. Arrive at Lake Bogoria national reserve after approximately 6 hours’ drive from Maasai Mara. Take lunch at the hotel; in the afternoon proceed with excursion at the park.
The reserve hosts the lesser flamingo birds giving the better part of the lake look pinky. The lake is geothermal active hence the hot springs and geysers along its shore. Animals at the park are impalas, gazelles, dik-diks among others. In the evening depart for Lake Baringo; check in at Your Hotel for dinner and relaxing.
Day 4: Lake Baringo national park full day.
In the morning after breakfast take a day tour to Lake Baringo. Explore the great number of crocodiles and hippos along the lake. Since it is a fresh lake, the lesser flamingos are not present at the lake. Participate in fishing as it has 7 types of fish fishes.
For fishing The Lake is well known for bird viewing as it hosts great number of bird species with great no of flamingos. On the safari encounter with zebras, grant giraffes and the kudu.
You will Have a chance to Visit the Pokot family and Learn About their Culture. The bushy environment the surrounding environment hosts the animals and is a great site for adventure. In the evening take diner and stay for the overnight.
Day 5: Lake Baringo National Park to Nairobi.
Take an early morning safari as you watch the sunrise. After the safari, take breakfast, check out of the campsite and leave for Nairobi. You will be taken back to your hotel.
TOTAL COST PER PER PERSON AT MID RANGE ACCOMMODATION
= 1,790 USD
What to carry:
- Camera- to capture the moments,
- Spare memory card or batteries or battery pack
- Warm Sweater for the night
- Day pack
- Flash Light
- Identification card/Passport gate entrance
- A gift for the Maasai cultural visit (optional)
- Insect or Mosquito repellent
- Pain Killers
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Personal Items such as toiletries, mobile airtime, Sun screen or sun hat, Phone charger and just in case also carry Towel, Shower cap, and Shower slippers
- Pocket money
- Lastly … do not forget to carry with you, and adventurous spirit!!!
- The services of our knowledgeable English speaking driver/guide
- Full board accommodation in self-contained-tents/camps + Meals on Safari (B.L.D)
- Picnic-lunches at the Mara-River on the second day as indicated
- All the Park entrance fees
- Transport in a safari Micro-Toyota 4×4 wheel-drive with a pop-up-roof for wildlife viewing and photography.
- Window Seats/and comfortable seats
- 4 nights/ 5 days staying in the Maasai Mara/Lake Baringo
- Game viewing-drives as per safari program
- Cultural tour
- Bottled mineral water throughout the safari
- All applicable taxes & government toll
- Soft drinks, juices, alcoholic and other beverages taken with lunch/dinner
- Balloon safari in the Mara $ 450 per person -bookable before departure.
- Tip to driver